Excellent video series for React beginners

I have no affiliation with the author of this series. I discovered it through @sacha’s SoM Part 3. It’s very high quality. I really can’t recommend it highly enough. The master pack is $59 at the moment.

6 Likes

I bought this series a few weeks ago and I have to agree. This video series is great. In my opinion, it also helps you be a better JavaScript coder as well.

3 Likes

I agree. If you’re an intermediate JavaScript developer (whatever that means), you’ll likely pick up some interesting nuggets outside of the React instruction.

1 Like

Thanks for the lead. How long did it take. Did it suck you in?

Nothing against paid - but here’s a free alternative I like

http://buildwithreact.com/tutorial

5 Likes

It’s a very pragmatic course that has you working on real situations you might face. Wes does a great job speaking clearly and to the point. He doesn’t ramble on.

1 Like

I bought it on a suggestion from @SkinnyGeek1010 . Excellent tutorial, very well taught. It’s concise, it won’t take you more than 2 full days, but you can rewatch it and learn new stuff.

1 Like

Awesome! I was a bit nervousness recommending it but I’ve heard so many good reviews and the content seemed to cover a lot.

Do you feel like watching that and following along prepares you to jump into meteor and react with little issues for getting things done?

1 Like

I totally agree with this recommendation. The best thing he taught me that made me go “aaah, I get it now” , was when he mentioned how “you never really interact with the DOM but rather modify states that then updates the DOM.” For some reason I couldn’t get my head around React until this was mentioned.

2 Likes

Just found this thread after investigating a handful of weekend sales and I wanted to say thanks to everyone who said such nice things.

I’m really glad that this is helping everyone learn react and even become a better JS dev. I also LOVE to hear when things started to click for you.

Thanks again and enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes! Great job not only with the content but also the pace. Do you have any recommendation for something similar but with React Native? Again, thanks and it was well worth it.

1 Like

I think React Native is still being hashed out so I don’t know of anything right now, but I’m sure we will start to see things soon. I made my own React Native app and it was a real joy to work with!

1 Like

I just bought the master plan and knocked it out in two days. Well worth the money spent, I would totally recommend this. I can’t wait for your redux video series :slight_smile:

2 Likes

coupon: LAUNCHDAY

This will give you the master for non-master prices. 44$ Enjoy!

you can thank us by making a special chapter about react and meteor :*

1 Like

I don’t know much about Meteor, but the learners have started up their own room in the React For Beginners chat - its a room where everyone is sharing their techniques on integrating React into Meteor.

Glad you are all enjoying it!

1 Like