Experienced Meteor developer looking for remote contract work

Hi everyone,

I have been working with the framework for 6 years (since the early days of version 0.6) and have in-depth understanding of Meteor and the ecosystem around it. I have led several Meteor projects to success, most recently a successful education platform in Australia (one of the most popular EdTech apps in the country).

At the moment I have 20 hours per week available and am looking for a remote contract work. I am based in Melbourne (AEDT timezone) but happy to work with teams in different timezones.

If you are interested please send me a message and I’ll be happy to provide more details of my work experience for further discussion. Thank you.

P.S. To moderators: Sorry if this post is not appropriate for this forum category. Please just let me know and I will move/remove it.

1 Like

The category id titled jobs…
So I don’t think there is any problem

2 Likes

Hi. You are new to the forums, we have no evidence of your experience with Meteor and we’ve been experiencing a wave of spammers with alleged Meteor skills.

Please edit your post with some evidence - a GitHub account with a history of Meteor work would be great!

9 Likes

Hi Rob, thanks for your suggestion.

I think your concern is totally understandable, and I’m sorry that you had to deal with spammers recently.

My Meteor forum account is indeed new, but I’m actually not a newcomer to the Meteor community. I have been with the community since the days when some of the former key players were still active (Arunoda, Tom Coleman, Chris Mather,…), and I have contributed to Meteor core (albeit very modest contributions).

My apologies for saying all of the above without concrete evidence. For a personal reason I prefer not to post my personal details publicly, but I would be happy to provide evidences and details of my experience to people who are interested in working with me. I will also send these details to you privately to prove that I’m not a spammer, if you don’t mind.

Also, I hope I don’t come across as bragging about my ability. I do know there are many talented developers in our community and I likely can’t hold a candle to them. My point is simply that, although it is not difficult to find capable Meteor developers, finding someone who has many years of production experience with the framework and is available is not always easy.

Thank you for doing a great work moderating the forum and keeping it clean.

Thanks for getting back and in your PM. Your original post pretty much convinced me you knew what you were talking about, but in view of recent spamming, I felt obliged to dig a little deeper.

Welcome to the forums and please share your expertise :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@pnguyen Are you still looking for part time work? I do have some if you are interested

Hey @mikkelking, I’m no longer looking for a part time position right now. Thanks for reaching out!

@pnguyen no worries, I am talking to another Meteorite, Minh.
Next time you are looking, you should give me a call

1 Like