Facebook like in-app notification (don't need push to iOS or Android or browser)

I am looking for a simple in-app notification package where each user can see notifications sent to them from comments,likes, etc…

A good example is the notification system for this site…

I looked at packages like raix:push and Meteor-Reaction/Herald but they seem to either be too much for what I need/ not exactly what I need or just not supported anymore.

Anyone have any suggest?

user BertAlert and have a collection called “transactions”. When a user likes something, do the usual thing you do for a like, then also insert a transaction (with data like who liked it, and the owner of what they liked). Then everyone subscribes to the transactions collection for things that relate to them… and set it so the subscription only return transactions with a createdAt date within the last 1-2 seconds… then fire off a bert alert using that data. The subscription will return the transactions data, which fires off the bert alert locally, and then the subscription data should go back to returninging nothing (as the query is set to only return by that createdAt date). That’s for live in-app stuff… you could also just return the whole transaction list and use it as a sort of newsfeed.

something like this may get you where you want to go…

you could do the above but fire off a browser push notification instead of a bert alert

I will look into this