Failed to publish on atmosphere - minimist not found

Hello guys,

I am still working on the meteor-coverage package, and yesterday I tryed to publish the 1.0.0 update.

I tryed meteor publish like I did several times in the past but this way does not look supported anymore.

I tryed to publish-for-each on several build machines (by first using meteor admin get-machine os.linux.x86_64), but I always get an error:

meteor@ip-172-x-x-x:~$ meteor publish-for-arch lmieulet:meteor-coverage@1.0.0
lmieulet:meteor-coverage: updating npm dependencies -- istanbul-api, body-parser, homedir, minimatch, mkdirp,
remap-istanbul...
=> Errors while initializing project:         

While building package lmieulet:meteor-coverage:
error: couldn't install npm packages from npm-shrinkwrap: Command failed:
/home/meteor/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_1.139xb76++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/npm
install
npm ERR! addLocal Could not install
/tmp/package-source18b58q6/lmieulet_meteor-coverage/.npm/package-new-1iq10df/.cache/minimist/0.0.10/package.tgz
npm ERR! Linux 3.2.0-105-virtual
npm ERR! argv
"/home/meteor/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_1.139xb76++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node"
"/home/meteor/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_1.139xb76++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/npm"
"install"
npm ERR! node v4.5.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.6
npm ERR! path
/tmp/package-source18b58q6/lmieulet_meteor-coverage/.npm/package-new-1iq10df/.cache/minimist/0.0.10/package.tgz
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall open
[...]

How can I debug that ?
Is it mandatory to publish for arch if meteor-coverage dependencies has no dependency that needs to be build for that specific arch ?

The repository is open source : https://github.com/serut/meteor-coverage
The issue already exists: https://github.com/serut/meteor-coverage/issues/32

I hope what I have requested is possible without going to npm.

meteor publish-for-arch is no longer required. Quoting from the 1.4.1 release notes:

The meteor publish-for-arch command is no longer necessary when publishing Meteor packages with binary npm dependencies. Instead, binary dependencies will be rebuilt automatically on the installation side. Meteor package authors are not responsible for failures due to compiler toolchain misconfiguration, and any compilation problems with the underlying npm packages should be taken up with the authors of those packages. That said, if a Meteor package author really needs or wants to continue using meteor publish-for-arch, she should publish her package using an older release: e.g. meteor --release 1.4 publish

See the following for the full backstory:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @hwillson
But how do you install meteor-coverage if there is no architecture available ? If I execute the following in a meteor app

meteor add lmieulet:meteor-coverage@1.0.0

it just crash

While checking for lmieulet:meteor-coverage@1.0.0:
error: No compatible binary build found for this package. Contact the package author and ask them to publish it for your platform.

I already read what you linked but I still don’t get how to install now

METEOR_FORCE_PORTABLE=1 meteor publish is the solution ?

I don’t think you should have to set METEOR_FORCE_PORTABLE=1 with 1.4.x+, but definitely give it a shot if it’s not working otherwise.

I had to bump the package version to 1.0.1, but yeap it worked.

So it was mandatory to use METEOR_FORCE_PORTABLE=1 meteor publish to be able to publish the package !!!

@benjamn, do you know why ? Should I create an issue in the guide repository ?

Are you able to run meteor npm install minimist@0.0.10 in your app directory?

If that succeeds, can you run meteor npm rebuild minimist?

I can rebuild minimist without any issue.
METEOR_FORCE_PORTABLE=1 meteor publish did what I was looking for whereas meteor [publish|publish-for-arch] failed, it should be documented on the meteor guide, right ?

$ meteor npm install minimist@0.0.10
/Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple
β”œβ”€β”¬ eslint@2.13.1
β”‚ └─┬ mkdirp@0.5.1
β”‚   └── minimist@0.0.8 
└─┬ spacejam@9.0.0
  β”œβ”€β”¬ phantomjs-prebuilt@2.1.12
  β”‚ └─┬ extract-zip@1.5.0
  β”‚   └─┬ mkdirp@0.5.0
  β”‚     └── minimist@0.0.8 
  β”œβ”€β”¬ rc@0.5.1
  β”‚ └── minimist@0.0.10 
  └─┬ try-thread-sleep@1.0.0
    └─┬ thread-sleep@1.0.4
      └─┬ node-pre-gyp@0.6.30 
        β”œβ”€β”¬ nopt@3.0.6 
        β”‚ └── abbrev@1.0.9 
        β”œβ”€β”¬ npmlog@4.0.0 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”¬ are-we-there-yet@1.1.2 
        β”‚ β”‚ └── delegates@1.0.0 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ console-control-strings@1.1.0 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”¬ gauge@2.6.0 
        β”‚ β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ aproba@1.0.4 
        β”‚ β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ has-color@0.1.7 
        β”‚ β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ has-unicode@2.0.1 
        β”‚ β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ signal-exit@3.0.1 
        β”‚ β”‚ └── wide-align@1.1.0 
        β”‚ └── set-blocking@2.0.0 
        β”œβ”€β”¬ rc@1.1.6 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ deep-extend@0.4.1 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ ini@1.3.4 
        β”‚ └── minimist@1.2.0 
        β”œβ”€β”€ semver@5.3.0 
        β”œβ”€β”¬ tar@2.2.1 
        β”‚ β”œβ”€β”€ block-stream@0.0.9 
        β”‚ └── fstream@1.0.10 
        └─┬ tar-pack@3.1.4 
          β”œβ”€β”€ fstream-ignore@1.0.5 
          β”œβ”€β”¬ readable-stream@2.1.5 
          β”‚ └── buffer-shims@1.0.0 
          └── uid-number@0.0.6 

npm WARN meteor-coverage-app-exemple No repository field.
npm WARN meteor-coverage-app-exemple No license field.
$ meteor npm rebuild minimist
minimist@0.0.8 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/mkdirp/node_modules/minimist
minimist@0.0.10 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/minimist
minimist@0.0.8 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/extract-zip/node_modules/mkdirp/node_modules/minimist
minimist@1.2.0 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/node_modules/minimist
minimist@1.2.0 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/detect-indent/node_modules/minimist
minimist@1.2.0 /Users/serut/WebstormProjects/meteor-coverage-app-exemple/node_modules/coveralls/node_modules/minimist