Other than making sure you are using the latest version of meteor, and disabling any anti-virus/anti-malware scanning, you might try suggestions from the following:
You can just use a symlinked imports folder as well. Works fine for us coming from packages shared across apps.
One very frustrating thing about meteor is the reload times between code changes.
I have a small adminUI app and already the reload times are >15 seconds. This is using the METEOR@1.2.2-faster-rebuilds.0 branch which has some speedups implemented.
I’m wondering what can be done / best practices for keeping things reasonable?
Does someone have knowledge of how the faster-rebuilds works internally and any hints on how best to use this?
For example I understand/heard packages are cached. I’m de…
Yesterday I spent some time looking into our reload times, and I found a trivial way of shaving 15+ seconds off reload speeds… Turns out that tons of garbage collection was happening during the reloads (in the supervisor process, not the meteor server process). So I just added NODE_OPTIONS="--max-old-space-size=4096" and everything magically got way faster.
The default value of this parameter on 64bit systems is 1GB which is not nearly enough for large Meteor projects. I definitely recommend tw…
Any way to modify meteor-node-stubs to output some context when it detects it is needed during development? It’d be great if the tool were to tell you "module xyz has requested crypto" or something like that.