The first release of the Filog logger for Meteor in the 0.2.x series is out:
FiLog is a highly configurable isomorphic logger for Meteor applications, published as a NPM module, supporting configurable logging strategies and custom processing and log sending destinations.
Out of the box, it can log to the console (browser, server), the Meteor database, any Syslog server, and includes a “tee” logger to send to multiple destinations. On the browser, it can log to its own Meteor server over DDP, or to a centralized FiLog log aggregation server over HTTP.
Changes from 0.1.x series
- Event context is now split by side (client, server, mobile).
- Better stringifying process, supporting objects with a message key
- Source code 100% converted to TypeScript 3.4.x
- Test coverage using Jest, over 80%
- Quality control using Travis CI, CodeCov, CodeBeast, and Snyk for security.
- Now includes a test_harness to support integration tests in CI.