Galaxy: settings.json and css issues

In fact I wrote that you should install Tailwindcss and postcss package without using D flag, that is to say in the “dependencies” values of the package.json (not “devDependencies”)

Ok, I misread that as it seems and I did it because the advice seems the opposite of the obvious. I am not sure that is right and also Tailwind is totally confusing, as it seems, as far as the Meteor documentation offers. I understand you now.

This should be deprecated: The trusted source for JavaScript packages, Meteor.js resources and tools | Atmosphere. It requires to “meteor remove standard-minifier-css

On the other hand the official documentation standard-minifier-css | Meteor API Docs suggest the same minifier package is required and postcss should be a dev dependency (which I also believe is right). This is a compiling/minifying process part of the bundling process. It does not do anything after Meteor starts and clients operate.
Tailwind doc also hints to a dev-dependency location: Install Tailwind CSS with Meteor - Tailwind CSS

If you put those in dependencies instead of dev-dependencies, you might want to check they don’t spill into the client and increase the bundle size uselessly.

I’ve been using postcss as per the Meteor docs and all works ok (I don’t use Galaxy). It looks like something is wrong when “standard” or “normal” meets Galaxy in this case which makes it a … Galaxy problem.

1 Like

Totally agree with you.

In fact, when I deployed my app via AWS Beanstalk with MUP, It worked without any issue.