Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for galaxy hosting

I’m trying to figure out how to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). I’ve purchased a ssl certificate from godaddy and they are asking for a Certificate Signing Request to issue the certificate. I can’t find anything in the Galaxy documentation that tells me how to do this. Am I missing something. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Hi @bp123 , did you get an answer to generate a CSR from galaxy hosting ?

Hello, how are you?

To generate the CSR, you have two options. As we do not provide CLI access in apps and our servers are dynamic.

1 - You can generate your CSR by: https://www.ssldragon.com/csr-generator/

2 - If you have some Linux on cloud or localhost, you can run the following command to generate a CSR for you:

openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout server.key -out server.csr

You will be asked to fill in all required fields in these two modes above. Use the examples below as a reference:

Common Name – type the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) you want to protect. For instance, mydomain.com
Note: If you’re generating a CSR for a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of your domain name. For example, *.mydomain.com.
Country – enter the two-letter country code. If you’re registering an organization, make sure to provide the country of its legal origin. (e.g. US)
State or Province – specify the state or region where your company is legally located (e.g. Nevada)
City – name the city where your business is legally registered (e.g. Las Vegas)
Organization – submit the legal name your organization. For instance, HomeWork Holding LLC. For Domain Validation Certificates
Organizational Unit – specify the department in charge of SSL management. For example, IT. If you have a DV certificate
E-mail address – provide a valid email address

Once you’ve completed all the required information, you should have your CSR code (.csr file) and private key (.key file)

Best Regards,

Philippe Oliveira