Getting error with updating meteor node stubs for 1.7.0.3

After updating to 1.7 and trying to install the latest meteor node stubs via ‘meteor npm install meteor-node-stubs@latest’ I’m getting a confusing error:

npm ERR! path /Volumes/Main Storage/Meteor/Sonatina_New_Site/node_modules/meteor-node-stubs/node_modules/.bin/sha.js
npm ERR! code EEXIST
npm ERR! Refusing to delete /Volumes/Main Storage/Meteor/Sonatina_New_Site/node_modules/meteor-node-stubs/node_modules/.bin/sha.js: is outside /Volumes/Main Storage/Meteor/Sonatina_New_Site/node_modules/meteor-node-stubs/node_modules/sha.js and not a link
npm ERR! File exists: /Volumes/Main Storage/Meteor/Sonatina_New_Site/node_modules/meteor-node-stubs/node_modules/.bin/sha.js
npm ERR! Move it away, and try again.

Can someone decipher?

What a strange error… The only things I could find online related to this are to do with using the --prune flag, which doesn’t apply in your case.

Sorry to give such mundane advice but have you tried removing node_modules and doing a fresh meteor npm install?

It crossed my mind to uninstall node_modules, but thought someone might have some familiarity with the error. Took your suggestion and removed npm_modules and reinstalled all the missing modules. Looks like things are OK.

Thank you.

1 Like