Getting "unable to verify the first certificate" on Galaxy

I’m trying to fetch some remote data (json) using this code:

async function fetchMETData(){
    try {
        const response = await fetch('https://publicinfobanjir.water.gov.my/wp-content/themes/enlighten/data/met_thunderain.json', {
            headers: new Headers({ 
                'Content-Type'  : 'application/json',
                'User-Agent'    : 'ANYTHING_WILL_WORK_HERE'
            })
        });
        const METData = await response.json();
        //console.log(METData);
        for(var i = 0; i < METData.length; i++){
            let existingData = MetThunderRain.findOne({ date: METData[i].Date });
            if(existingData === undefined){  //check if the new incoming data is already in the DB. undefined means the data is not in the DB
                MetThunderRain.insert({
                    date        : METData[i].Date,
                    msgEn       : METData[i].Msg_EN,
                    msgMy       : METData[i].Msg_MY,
                    validFrom   : METData[i].Valid_from,
                    validTo     : METData[i].Valid_to
                })
            }
        }
    } catch (err) {
        console.log(err);
    }
}

but there is an error on the console that says:

FetchError: request to https://publicinfobanjir.water.gov.my/wp-content/themes/enlighten/data/latestreadings.json failed, reason: unable to verify the first certificate

Tried to search online about this error, and everything is pointing towards the certificate/ssl. This app is currently hosted on Galaxy, and I’ve enabled the Domains & Encryption, as well as Security SSL TLS Protocol Support.

I did use the code below to circumvent this problem while developing on localhost, but won’t implement it on Galaxy for obvious reasons.

process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = 0;

Anyone can help point me in the right direction? Why is Galaxy’s default SSL certificate isn’t recognised when fetching data externally?

Hi @dchafiz, can you please open a ticket at support@meteor.com with your account details? So we can help you from there.

@hschmaiske I’ve submitted a ticket, and is now being handled by one of your support staff. But why am I getting suggestions like setting my meteor galaxy environment to process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = 0; ?

From what I understand this is something that is dangerous. I’m only using that setting while developing on localhost. Now I have the aforementioned problem on Galaxy after pushing the code. I’m also getting a suggestion to update my Meteor to at least 1.9. But @hschmaiske, I’m using Meteor version 2.6.1.

Anyone else facing this issue on Galaxy?