I am looking for some suggestions on how I should tackle the following workflow from some more seasoned \ experienced developers.
I have a method that receives an array of organization ID’s. There can be several hundred or even thousands of ID’s in the array. I then need to find all the organizations based on the ID’s, and grab an AWS SNS ARN that is stored in each organization’s document. Once I have that ARNs, I need to send a Push Notification to each ARN of the organization.
These will be pretty compute intensive and I am trying to see what is the best approach to implement. I’ve looked at the following:
- Micro-Service, move this code to a separate Meteor instance
- Problem - how would I make this a private API with Galaxy hosting? If I deploy using galaxy, its exposed to the world unnecessarily
- Use AWS Lambda function
- Problem - would need to allow access to the DB from more IP’s\endpoints. It is currently locked to the Galaxy IP’s
- Bigger Galaxy servers, just keep things monolithic and increase the capacity of the Galaxy instances.
- Problem - this may increase cost quite a bit
Looking for any feedback or suggestions on how you may have solved a similar issue.