Help to develop my app

Hello all… I’m starting my studies in Node.js, MongoDB, Meteor, IONIC …

I have some questions, and I appreciate if someone help me…

I’m doing a little system for college, but before I start it, I need to understand better how I really works…

• I’ll develop an application using IONIC framework, which will have a screen with some buttons “relay 1”, “relay 2” and “relay 3”. If I press the relay 1, an electronic board (which necessarily have to be a board with PIC, cannot be Arduino) will trigger the relay 1. If you press the button “relay 2” will trigger relay 2 and if you press the button “relay 3”, trigger the relay 3. This information must be sent over the internet.

It is a simple, but if I understand this I can do more interesting applications after this.

I checked on the internet some tutorials (though to be based on Arduino), I bought some books and it seems I have a few options:

• My hardware will have a PIC and ESP8266 module, which is connected with the Mosquitto;
  • Application developed with the framework IONIC, communicating through MQTT with mosquitto. A server on Heroku with the application server.js develop using Meteor, communicating with the same mosquitto. I would like to understand the concept of all of this… When I press the buttons on my app, it will publish information, send through MQTT protocol for mosquitto. After, the server.js developed with Meteor on Heroku will be listening to what happens in mosquitto? It is? All this is possible? Can someone explain these to me?

Is there any other alternative to develop this my project? Can someone help me?

If you can contact me via email I also thank: victor.araujo1991@yahoo.com.br

Thank you so much…

Att.
Victor Araujo