Hiring: Help save the climate 🌍

Hi,

I’m working at Altruistiq, a decision making SaaS for climate teams. We map climate emissions for big companies and enable them to make decisions to reduce their emission. Doing this for billion dollar companies creates massive positive impact for the climate. And this is your chance to act on climate change as a tech engineer!

We’re fully remote (but only hiring in timezone CET+/- 1 - Europe), well funded, have a very diverse, open and transparent team, with lots of benefits for personal happiness. We :heart_eyes: Meteor, so our stack is Meteor + Postgres + Vue.

We’re looking for devs to join our team and go on this mission with us to save the world. Frontend, fullstack, backend, fulltime/partime/contract, it’s all possible.

Full description here, but DM me for more info
https://jobs.lever.co/Altruistiq/659b7281-7344-4d7a-a8ad-e9a304ab5b9a

5 Likes

Why does the job posting contain no mentioning of Meteor?!

Because it’s still easier to find people who can do Node than Meteor.

Love this. I wish there were more companies in the tech space working on these problems. Unfortunately this stack is not my thing (apart from Meteor obv), but good luck!!

Thanks for the great feedback!
FYI climate tech is booming right now, as the whole world is finally starting to focus on fixing what we caused…let’s :crossed_fingers: it’s not too late

Yes, Silicon Valley getting roasted has probably helped alert them of the issue :sweat_smile:

I will be very happy when instead of making the umpteenth drycleaning-pickup app they start focusing on real world problems, like climate, education, poverty, hunger. Our industry could make such a difference, but for now the biggest players like Facebook are actively making society worse :frowning: It actually makes me not proud to be a developer.

2 Likes