I don’t think it’s an issue with the code you’ve provided.
Based on the subscription RATE something looks a little wonkey there. I have experience in subscription rate error handling from my MMO Video Game I built on Meteor. I pushed her to the limits.
So my subscription rate was insanely high for just a few users.
Turns out my IronRouter at the time was re-subscribing by re-rendering my template all the time due to some bad code. I swapped Iron for FlowRouter, which forced me to completely rebuild my render and subscription interface code.
This helped fix that problem. But it really just means you need to re-examine the code surrounding subscription from the Client side, fetching the Publication.
See what you can dig out. Keep exploring Kadira.