How should one structure apps using Meteor?

I am working on an application that obviously uses the JavaScript framework Meteor. I would like to know how to structure applications in Meteor. Does anyone have a clue as to how to go about that? Most tutorials that focus on things related to Meteor are outdated, due to 1.2 being released. I also would like to know what level of JavaScript do you need to work with Meteor.

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC!

One should check out the meteor guide for such answers

2 Likes

guide.meteor.com

2 Likes

It’s impossible to be specific about this unless you tell us what you use to build the app. Blaze? React? Angular?
This choice dictates your client folder pretty heavily…

As of “level of javascript” I think you’re going about this the wrong way. The language itself is pretty simple and basic. It’s a language. A tool. You don’t know programming by knowing javascript. That’s like saying you know carpentry because you know how to use a hammer :wink: So instead of asking what level of hammer you need to do carpentry, ask what level of carpentry you need to say… build a shed :smile:

Tell me what you’re building and I’ll tell you the level of programmingskill required :slight_smile:

If you’re just starting, do not care about what’s outdated and what’s not. Stay on 1.1 and 1.2 tops. Use Blaze if you don’t know any of the others.
Learning how to use Meteor is a priority over learning the specifics of 1.2 or 1.3.

My number one newbie tip buy and read this cover to cover:
http://discovermeteor.com/
If you think it’s too expensive, well then I’d say your heart isn’t in this project and you should drop it.

1 Like