How to deploy app?

What is the recommended and quickest way to deploy Meteor app now that Meteor is no longer hosting?

https://github.com/arunoda/meteor-up/tree/mupx

Mac OSX:

mupx init: command not found?

mupx is very good.

Is mupx that is not found or mupx init ?

Hi Guillaume

Both are not found:

$ mupx init
bash: mupx: command not found

$ mupx
bash: mupx: command not found

EDIT: I did

$ meteor npm install -g mupx

instead of

$ npm install -g mupx 

So now ok with last command, but do you do mupx setup in local or within Docker shell terminal?

$ mupx setup

Started TaskList: Setup (linux)
[hostname] - Installing Docker
events.js:160
  throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
  ^

I’m assuming you mean “now that Meteor is no longer hosting for free”? One of the quickest ways to get an app deployed these days is using Meteor’s hosting service Galaxy. Sure you’ll have to pay for it, but it’s extremely easy to get started with and you’ll have your app up running in production in no time.

All mupx commands are run locally. Assuming you’ve already run mupx init and updated the created mup.json with your settings, then you would run mupx setup in the same directory as the mup.json, locally.

Hi Hugh

How goes Galaxy compares with MUPX and

Thanks

Well, mupx is just a setup tool (albeit a very good one), whereas Galaxy is a full-fledged hosting solution. It’s like comparing apples to pears.

Hi Tom,

It does say deploy tool:

Meteor Up X (Stable Version)
The latest development version of mup is https://github.com/kadirahq/meteor-up.
Production Quality Meteor Deployments

Meteor Up is a command line tool that allows you to deploy any Meteor app to your own   server. It currently supports Ubuntu. There are plans to support other linux distros soon.

Yes, that’s what I meant. For me, Deployment = Remote Setup. :slight_smile:

DEPLOY_HOSTNAME=eu-west-1.galaxy.meteor.com meteor deploy myapp.com --settings ./settings.json
Username: <- What do you supply username for Galaxy?
Password: <-

Error deploying application: login failed.  

The same dbuser and dbpassword for Mongodb as below, which were defined from within mLab mongo setup?

{
  "galaxy.meteor.com": {
     "env": {
       "MONGO_URL": "mongodb://<dbuser>:<dbpassword>@<dbserver>:<dbport>/<dbname>"

}
   }
}

I used the same mLab username and password but not correct?