How to deploy TO Windows FROM Windows meteor 1.4

Hi all,

What is the current status on How to deploy TO Windows FROM Windows meteor 1.4

I know meteor build, mupx and demeteorize but hard for me to know what the recommended route is? (I need Windows because i have to integrate on that machine)

Thank you so much

For Microsoft Azure:

Ah sorry, I meant from Windows 10 to Windows 10 or 2012 server. But I will check!

You may want to look at this thread.

Thank you, I know that one… But it involves so many steps…

Can’t we just use the build tool from meteor? In 1.4 it became simpler right?

So just use meteor build

On my Windows server I install node 4.* and mongo 3.2*

And start node with a ref to mongo_url in the environment settings?

Why not give it a shot and report back?

Hello

I have been trying to follow all your various posts on deploying meteor to windows but unfortunately I have not been able to successfully do this.
I am trying to deploy a meteor 1.5 application and so far I have been able ;

• to generate the build successfully.
  • I cd programs/server && run npm install ( I got a few warning and these errors

'node-pre-gyp' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE npm ERR! errno 1 npm ERR! bcrypt@1.0.2 install:node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-buildnpm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR! npm ERR! Failed at the bcrypt@1.0.2 install script. npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE npm ERR! errno 1 npm ERR! meteor-dev-bundle@0.0.0 install:node npm-rebuild.jsnpm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR! npm ERR! Failed at the meteor-dev-bundle@0.0.0 install script.

I ignored these and went on to cd into bundle and run node main.js and I got the following

`Note: you are using a pure-JavaScript implementation of bcrypt.
While this implementation will work correctly, it is known to be
approximately three times slower than the native implementation.
In order to use the native implementation instead, run

meteor npm install --save bcrypt

in the root directory of your application.
C:\ARBProd\bundle\programs\server\node_modules\fibers\future.js:280
throw(ex);
^

Error: MONGO_URL must be set in environment
at Object. (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:36:11)
at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages\underscore.js:784:19)
at new Mongo.Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:99:40)
at AccountsServer.AccountsCommon (packages/accounts-base/accounts_common.js:23:18)
at new AccountsServer (packages/accounts-base/accounts_server.js:18:5)
at meteorInstall.node_modules.meteor.accounts-base.server_main.js (packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:9:12)
at fileEvaluate (packages\modules-runtime.js:197:9)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:120:16)
at C:\ARBProd\bundle\programs\server\packages\accounts-base.js:2019:15
at C:\ARBProd\bundle\programs\server\packages\accounts-base.js:2030:3`

Please help. I am assuming the last error requires me to install mongo and somehow set the url etc. I have always run mongo only from meteor and not sure how to go about all that. Please help, i really need to get the app running on production server now.

NB: all I have done so far is still on my development environment (windows 10 64bit)
@hoser23331 how did yours go? how do you install mongo as a self starting service and link a db to meteor?

Hi

I could not solve the issue on how to load a settings.json file in windows via node… so I now use docker… really awesome

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

hi
Can you tell me how to deploy on windows, I have been troubled for a month.

1 Like

Hi,

I explained the process in this diagram https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/view/feaf7d0e-cd67-44f5-ad35-ea849ff6d274