How to implement a single page app - New to Meteor

Hi,

I’m fairly new to JS and Meteor in particular [coming from .NET world] from digging around on different technologies out there I really love Meteor and Polymer.

I’m working on an app that consumes several API’s and performs some logic on the server.
For example:
Countries,
Country=>Cities,
City=>Companies,
Company=>Individuals

I need some expert advise on how to display it all in one page for example:
Visitors entry point is countries, So we want them to switch by click from countries to cities to companies to individuals. each entity needs to utilize most of the screen.

So
Should each entity have it’s own template or use one template and hide sections? How to switch between templates with temaplte.dynamic and keep the code tidy and readable? I haven’t really seen any code examples with temaplte.dynamic. What UI package is recommended for sliding/fading/3d/hovering effects with Meteor?

I get the feeling like the UI needs to be done first and then merged into the app.

Looks like you need to read discover meteor and client side routing in general using Iron router or go straight to flow router.

In general, separate templates per ‘large’ entity but inter-template communication adds a layer of complexity and overhead so start with the one.

How to switch between templates with temaplte.dynamic and keep the code tidy and readable?

This is just Iron router (IR) client side routing.

Start with discover meteor, it actually has a section on animation as well and how to transition between templates, loading spinner etc.

I’m not sure what you mean by template.dynamic…

1 Like

Excellent, and your’e right! I do need to read some more first - though it needs to be while working.

Shiny

[EDIT]
[> template.dynamic1]