How to install jquery revolution slider into meteor?

Hi there, this is my first time posting in the meteor community . I’m sorry if this is not the place to ask but I can’t seem to find anywhere else to ask for help.

I’m trying to install the Jquery revolution slider http://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-jquery-plugin/2580848

Into my meteor project, but I’m having a hard time installing it as it has a lot of files.

I’m using the angular-meteor generator https://www.npmjs.com/package/generator-angular-meteor to create and structure my project.

In the revolution slider documentation,(I can’t post a 3rd link to the documentation) it says to put the ‘revolution’ folder into my server files.

I added this folder into my ‘client/lib’ folder but with no success I get errors like:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘is_mobile’ of undefined
Failed to decode downloaded font: /fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.5.0
(index):1 OTS parsing error: invalid version tag

Has anyone had experience implementing the revolution slider into a meteor app? I’m getting frustrated that I can’t seem to figure out how to properly implement external jquery libraries into a meteor app.

Thank you.

Take a look at the Structuring your application section of the docs, in particular the “Special Directories” section that talks about the “client/compatibility” directory. You should put external JS files in this directory.

Thanks for the information, what about the CSS it comes with and pictures? Do I move them from the ‘revolution’ folder into their own folders in ‘public’?

Yes - anything in public is served as-is.

thank you, I was able to successfully initialize the slideshow. I had to move a few files because of the order meteor reads them but was able to figure it out. Thanks!

Hi jsantana,

Can you tell me how you ordered the files? I’m trying to use Revolution Slider and am having the same ‘is_mobile’ error.

Thanks!

what version of meteor are you using?

I figured the easies (and laziest) way would be just link the files normally in the main.html file or index.html file like the revolution slider instructions say.

If you are using meteor 1.3 and up and don’t want to do it that way I’m guessing you can import the folders in some way (I’m not sure how to) in the controller.