How to mongodump / mongorestore on the latest iteration of meteor?

Hello,

I remember, in the previous version of meteor, mondodump used to work. But right now in meteor 1.4, mongodump seems to only create dump/meteor in my meteor’s project folder but doesn’t actually dump the database. How should I go about this?

I’ve tried both :

mongodump --host localhost --port 3001 --db meteor

and

mongodump -h localhost -port 3001 -db meteor

Both seem to execute but they don’t actually dump the db.

I currently have mongodb v2.6.10 installed on my ubuntu

Since the included MongoDB has been updated to version 3.2 (if I recall correctly), you probably need to update your installed version as well.

Thanks. I gave this a reading and figured that would be the reason. One qusetion though. If I were to completely uninstall my current mongo from my machine and do a fresh install of v3.2, would it affect meteor’s mongo data?

If you’re using the MongoDB version that comes with Meteor, the database folder resides in /.meteor/local/db.

Your data will be completely unaffected by what you’re doing with your MongoDB installation.

Hi:

For what it’s worth, I did a blogpost on using mongodump with the current version of Meteor. At the time, I was working on a project on my local machine, and also doing some work on the same project in c9. You might find the info helpful. =)

1 Like

Thank you, it was exactly what i needed