How to prevent caching CSS on iOS?

Updating an iOS app that was deployed through TestFlight doesn’t update all changes of the app. It seems that old files are cached by iOS (the browser cache) even though they changed. It seems that it is mainly CSS that is cached.

So currently, I have to delete the app on my phone before updating it. If I don’t do this it is broken because of a mix of new and old files.

This is also reproducible on the ios emulator.

It could be similar to the issue mentioned here, but I’m not sure:

@martijnwalraven mentioned this plugin for clearing the cache, but triggering it on deviceready seems like a bad thing for performance (and I’m not sure if this is actually the cache where the CSS file is stored).

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!
Mark

PS this behavior happens both for meteor 1.2.1 and 1.3 beta 16

If you have not done so, please check for existing issues and/or file a new issue on the meteor github repository. The forums is no place for potential bug reports as it’s impossible to track for beta/release related issues.

I don’t think this is a bug, otherwise, many people would have had this problem, and Meteor would be useless for mobile apps. I’m probably doing something wrong and hoped someone has had the same problem and can provide me with a hint to resolve this.