How to prevent meteor from auto updating build tool?

my current meteor version is 1.2 and I am using webstorm 11, Which uses debug -brk as debugging NODE_OPTIONS. because of this auto download latest meteor build tool i cannot use debugger even though project runs fine without a debugger.The error I am getting is "/home/jaisa/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.6.0.slxk7g++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node: --debug-brk=44150 is not allowed in NODE_OPTIONS"
If I downgrade meteor globally to 1.5 it works fine but it again downloads V1.6 automatically thus preventing debugging.

1 Like

The update which happens automatically is to the build tool. The important thing to remember about that, is that all previous build versions are still available - the update just becomes the preferred version. You can always build an app to any version with the --release switch, as @baris has pointed out. You update the build tool by issuing a meteor command outside of any application folders (typically in your home folder).

Your application version has to be updated by you, or it remains at the version you first built it at. You update the application by navigating to your application root (e.g. /home/bob/myapplication/) and issuing a meteor update command.

Meteor, at all times, tries to preserve the state of any application code you have, whatever version, until you explicitly update.

2 Likes

I want to prevent automatic build tool update

Use the --no-release-check command line option or set the NO_RELEASE_CHECK environment variable.

1 Like

What’s the difference between ‘meteor’ and ‘meteor run’ to start your app?

None.

Both are same thing. there is no diffrence.