How to work on/update projects running older versions of Meteor?

I am trying to work on an old project that was using Meteor 1.8.1, but when I go to run it or update it, I get the error “Sorry, this project uses Meteor 1.8.1, which is not installed and could not be downloaded. Please check to make sure that you are online.” I’ve tried running “meteor --version”, “meteor update”, and “meteor” to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows 10 and have completely disabled Windows Firewall, and have no other firewalls preventing meteor from installing packages, and other meteor projects work fine.

Do you have meteor installed on your dev machine?

Yes, I have the latest version of Meteor (2.2) installed on my machine. I am working on an old project that was built using Meteor 1.8.1. When I try to build the project, it tries to download the old meteor tools to build the app.

Seems like the tool cannot access the internet to download.

That is the error that I am getting, but my internet is working perfectly, so I believe that there is something else going on.

That can mean a number of possible things: firewall, antivirus software, dns settings. Others might be able to help you better but good to give as much info as you can. What is your OS and version

Okay, thank you for the advice. I am using Windows 10 with disabled Antivirus, will update in my OP.