I need help with Meteor.js crashing all the time

I keep getting an error while developing with meteor.js

The error is:
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink in .meteor\local\build\programs\web.browser\app\app.js’

=> awaited here:
at Promise.await (C:\Users\sppow\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\2.8.0\mt-os.windows.x86_64\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\meteor-promise\promise_server.js:60:12)

I have reinstalled meteor, updated it, deleted npm cache, and even updated windows.

I want to use Meteor.js but it is not possible, because it keeps crashing and the only solution is to launch meteor --port 3000+1 with a new port that works for a while until it abruptly crashes.

Also my machine which is high end is slow while meteor is under development.

Please let me know if this is normal, because I wanted to use meteor.js for business purposes, but this seems very unreliable, slow and unstable?

I’m sure there’s something else going on here… but what???

1 Like

Hello there! welcome @sanneh . Windows sometimes is a little bit harsh on developers. I think @zodern has said somethings/ documented ways on how to make it better to work on

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these issues. I don’t have much time this week, but hopefully next week I can try to figure out what is happening.

@sanneh switch to doing Meteor development under WSL2. You will get a lot of your life and mental health back!

1 Like