IDE or Text Editor

I would like to say some good words about ide.c9.io, which I found after work with sublime text and use now:

• no upload problems (because no upload at all - the application is constantly on server and online)
  • no necessary to start consoles for git, mongo, start meteor etc (they all are works even in browser window(s) or on server - even when you turned off the computer) - to start all of them is equal to just start browser
  • no necessary to take your computer or files with you to any place
  • no problems with processor speed or memory (because you work with another computer with very good characteristics)
  • and many other useful tips, really!
    One bad thing is price ($19/month) … :slight_smile: but I decided to found that money even for my studying meteor.

I’m using WebStorm, which provides breakpoints on the server side as well as on the client side. It has strong support for Meteor. When you create a new debugging setup, you just select Meteor from the drop down menu. I think WebStorm does a great job.

WebStorm … and here is a bunch of random text to make up 20 chars!

2 Likes

I’m using vim for local/small coding. I’m using atom for anything larger. I try not to be emotive about tools but I thoroughly despise Atom’s search and replace functionality so this thread has inspired me to take another look at VS Code :slight_smile:

1 Like