I'm joining Meteor as Developer Evangelist!

Great to see a familiar name to be working with Meteor. Congrats @filipenevola

By the way, I just sent this to my team earlier today

5 Likes

Great @rjdavid. :tada:

Thanks @illustreets and @martineboh. We are going to make great things together :wink: Meteor community is incredible.

7 Likes

Congratulations, @filipenevola, Iโ€™m so glad for you.
Brazilianโ€™s developers community is growing up to worldwide.
:brazil:

1 Like

Congratz @filipenevola, happy to see such moveโ€ฆ

1 Like

This is amazing! Congratulations.

5 Likes

Congratulations @filipenevola. Really good news! Canโ€™t wait to see what magics you can do for the community :hugs:

2 Likes

Meteor community is unique and very active, looks promising! :grinning:

2 Likes

Great to hear! You are very much needed here @filipenevola :grinning: Looking forward to seeing where we are going next

2 Likes

Congrats! Glad to see Tiny taking its first actions.

I can think of about 57 of those :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know, we are going to improve this together. Please list here the ones that you think are still valid :wink: if possible starting from the most important ones.

1 Like

My top 2 are:

There is a lot of small and simple ones for which a quick review should be enough to get them merged. For example:

etc.
I think these small ones should be quickly merged/closed (and also in the future), so that the clutter does not obstruct the more important/complex big ones. After that the next step should be all the Typescript conversions (before or after 1.8.2 release, does not matter).

6 Likes

Although I absolutely agree that functional changes should take priority, I would like to add a +1 to reviewing TypeScript conversions (after 1.8.2 is fine). As someone who submitted a few conversion PRs, I kind of lost steam when I had a few PRs that had been hanging out for a while without review, but Iโ€™d love to jump back into it if this is still an initiative that Meteor wants to move forward with.

6 Likes

Especially with new TypeScript 3.7 :star_struck:

2 Likes

I just went over all of them, and all of them seem to still be valid. Of course, for the ones more than a year old, it might be hard getting in touch with the submitter for changes.

1 Like

Iโ€™m still just waiting for this :lolsob:

4 Likes

@benjamn answered about it https://github.com/meteor/meteor/pull/10498#issuecomment-551541755

I would love to see that merged, but the test failures indicate that the major version bump (to jQuery 3) is causing version solver conflicts. This is no surprise, since packages that depend on jquery almost certainly need to be updated to work with jQuery 3 instead of 1.12.1 (or maybe they can stop using jQuery entirely), but Iโ€™m not sure how much work that will take.

I want to use 1.8.2 with TS, but it doesnโ€™t work for me https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/10764 @filipenevola FYI

Both are done :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you. Iโ€™m going over them one by one.

1 Like