Installion Problems windows 10

Hi I cant seem to get it installed on windows 10 installed chocolatey and also restarted the PC loaded command as admin and it seems to get stuck at

Extracting C:\Users\ste\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\meteor\0.0.2\meteor-bootstrap-os.windows.x86_64.tar.gz to C:\Users\ste\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\meteor\0.0.2…
C:\Users\ste\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\meteor\0.0.2
Extracting C:\Users\ste\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\meteor\0.0.2\meteor-bootstrap-os.windows.x86_64.tar to C:\Users\ste\AppData\Local…

3rd time trying to install any help or ideas?

According to this post you are supposed to install it as yourself and not as admin

Tried that it it says it’s installed even though it not registering any meteor commands had no issues on my tower at work but nothing seems to work on laptop

No. The post says to install as the administrator and to run as the user. This is the correct method to install Meteor on Windows. If @southby has done it differently then he/she will need to manually clean up the old installation.

Not being a windows user I should have never replied :slight_smile: Thanks @robfallows for correcting it

1 Like