IPv6 Galaxy and Apple app rejection

We are hosted on Galaxy… our latest app submission was rejected for failure to run on an IPv6-only network.
What are other iOS folks doing? Hosting elsewhere??
Please share your experience with other providers… did anyone else migrate FROM Galaxy for this reason?

(EDIT: I don’t want to scare anyone, so I am adding to the original post here… the rejection had nothing to do with IPv6. We had different, unrelated network problem. Fixing that and everything is a-ok)

2 Likes

Would love to hear from others on this also

1 Like

Just to be clear - Apple’s requirement is that your app supports IPv6-only networks, not that it has to use IPv6-only networks. You should be able to use Galaxy. See this related Heroku knowledge base entry: Apple has rejected my application because Heroku does not support IPv6

1 Like

Just submit our new app and got IPv6 rejection as well. Here what apple told me:

We were unable to review your app as it crashed on launch. We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

Next Steps

Please revise your app and test it on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to ensure it will launch without crashing.

Resources

For additional information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and Supporting IPv6-only Networks.

For a networking overview, please see About Networking.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing Application Crash Reports.

If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow described in Testing Workflow with Xcode’s Archive feature.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
  • screenshots
  • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
  • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

I hate to be obtuse, but I need a little more direction.
In my config file we do this: App.accessRule(’*.boomlearning.com’);

At boot, on IPv6 network, our server is unreachable, so we post a “no connection” warning. And… then, there’s pretty much nothing else you can do with the app.

Is it possible… how does one make an IPv6 client reach an IPv4 endpoint?
We are running Meteor 1.3 hosted on Galaxy.

What does your meteor build command look like - are you using a fully qualified domain name for the --server option?

This is what I do before going into Xcode to tweak, archive and submit.

boomUrl=http://wow.boomlearning.com
alias iosdeploy=‘meteor run ios-device --production --mobile-server $boomUrl’

That seems okay. Have you tried setting up a test IPv6-only network locally? It might be worth trying one out to see exactly where it’s failing. Here’s a quick how-to: How to Test Your App for IPV6 Compatibility

1 Like

This IPv6 might be a red herring… I set up a test network and my old build ran just fine. So, assuming I did that correctly IPv6 should be non-issue.

I stepped through latest build and found an unrelated bug causing network issues. We fixed that bug and we are resubmitting to Apple.

Thanks for helpful suggestions. I’ll circle back and let you know if it works.

Ok… sorry for the false alarm about Galaxy/Meteor/iOS/IPv4. All is right in the world… and the app store approval is not your father’s app store approval process. Back in the days when we did native iOS, it took a week to 10 days just to move from submit to “under review”. I submitted our app this morning and it is approved and in the store.

So my network problems were NOT related to IPv6… Apple hit a network problem and wrote in the report that IPv6 caused the problem… upon investigation that was irrelevant.

Again, thanks for help.

1 Like

What’s the issue in your case?

1 Like

From Apple:

not all App Review rejections that mention IPv6 are actually caused by IPv6 networking. The App Review rejection you’ve received indicates that:

• your app failed
  • it was tested on an IPv6-only network
    This does /not/ mean that the failure was specifically caused by that network.

In our case, we had general (and naive) bug that would have failed on any network.