Irou-router update...?

I’m still using iron-router because I don’t have the time to learn the more updated flow-router, although I know the package is no longer maintained, and the official GitHub repository also stops at v1.1.2. But today as I just tried to update to Meteor v2.5.3, the iron-router package and its dependencies got some updates, too:

iron:controller upgraded from 1.0.12 to 1.1.0
iron:dynamic-template upgraded from 1.0.12 to 1.1.0
iron:location upgraded from 1.0.11 to 1.1.0
iron:router upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.2.0

Unfortunately, the updates totally broke my application as there’s a bug in packages/iron_router.js:

ReferenceError: UI is not defined
    at packages/iron_router.js:1118:1
    at packages/iron_router.js:1259:4
    at packages/iron_router.js:1463:3
    at /home/shaferain/xxxxxxx/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:401:38
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at /home/shaferain/xxxxxxx/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:226:21
    at /home/shaferain/xxxxxxx/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:464:7
    at Function.run (/home/shaferain/xxxxxxx/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/profile.js:280:14)
    at /home/shaferain/xxxxxxxx/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:463:13
Exited with code: 1
Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

After checking the source codes, I’m pretty sure that this line below is missing in the mysterious updates:

var UI = Package.blaze.UI;

I have downgraded to the original versions, but I guess my question is who’s maintaining the iron-router package now, and where should this bug be reported to…?

Iron router hasn’t been updated in 5 years and has long since gone out of favor. I don’t believe it’s been actively maintained for awhile now so you may be out of luck. These days most ppl are using either React + react-router or Vue + vue-router for a number of practical reason. If you must use Blaze and Iron Router then unfortunately you may need to fork Iron Router and fix it yourself. FWIW porting to Flow Router would probably only take a day, it’s API is dead simple.

Yeah, I think it’s about the time to switch to a different router. It’s just that the updates of iron-router seemed to come out of nowhere after a long period of inactivity. If the updates were OK, and I guess I wouldn’t post this issue, but since they were not, I felt that it was necessary to report it somewhere. Anyway, just a note that if you’re still using the package, do not upgrade to v1.2.0 unless the issue is acknowledged and solved by whoever is sort of maintaining the package.

Go to Atmosphere → search iron:router page, and then check the github page behind the new version

Thanks. Now I know the right place to report the issue.