Is it possible that blaze template system will be deprecated?

Not sure why people love React so much, the syntax seems very '90s and Facebook is notorious for making breaking changes often. React native is also pretty garbage.

1 Like

@mitar, given the note here https://github.com/meteor/blaze/issues/20#issuecomment-234046231, you should be taking over soon (likely when 1.4 goes into production from RC).

I am convinced Blaze will evolve and thrive under the community’s leadership. Remember, Blaze is HTML.

MDG is moving to the data layer, so Meteor will only see investment to support that (it also seems React has ways to go before it’s a first-class citizen) – which is what happened here, NPM support was delayed in favor of Apollo integration.

Of course – in fact, if the community picks it up as I hope, I’d encourage it’s use even more than today.

3 Likes

Meteor 1.4 is has been released.

@mitar is there any prep that needs to take place in order to get started using this repo for Blaze?

Do you @mitar or does anyone have guidance on using the new unpinning feature will allow us to completely move blaze development over to the community repo without waiting for npm integration? … Using Meteor 1.1 or some other targeted release of Meteor?

I feel MDG has somewhat solid out the community, it was really good for them to support startups, blaze and blaze based packages to show user growth and how great meteor is but now it looks like that even Meteor will removed scrapped their old strategy – to be replaced in favor of a new enterprise strategy revolving around Apollo.

I really don’t trust MDG anymore and will be avoiding Apollo. I think the future is going to be pure Node.JS framework with a plugin or package for real-time maybe that will be apollo but if so I hope it will be community based.

@almog, I can see where the gloom is coming from, but I disagree with your prognosis.
I responded to your thread here: Is it time to leave Meteor & MDG?