Is Meteor up to date with the latest version of Node?

I’m still using METEOR@1.1.0.2

Is meteor using an out-dated version of node or something? FS Stream modules throw errors

node_modules/WNdb/node_modules/tar/node_modules/fstream/node_modules/mkdirp/bin/cmd.js:1:15: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
       node_modules/WNdb/node_modules/tar/node_modules/fstream/node_modules/rimraf/bin.js:1:15: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

You have to use Node 0.10.x with Meteor. At some point in the future Meteor should work on new versions of Node (probably 4.x or 5.x, in a few months; this is just my guess, don’t have any info on that), but for now 0.10.x is all that works.

If that helps with your error or not I don’t know.

Yeah, the problem i had was more I still don’t know the best practice to wrap an NPM module into a package. I got my package to install finally, but it was tricky, but then i saw this.

Thank goodness for this: Meteorhacks npm best practice

they should probably just wait for io.js to merge with node before they update it.

Anyway, 0.10.x is not a outdated version. It’s the version used by many products.

I think it’s worth waiting for the merge release and jump into a node LTS.

Exactly, that is what 4.x and 5.x are. The first merged releases. I’m not 100% sure 4.x contains the full merge already, but it is planned for 4.x to become the first LTS release in October, so maybe it does already contain everything pulled in from the “old node” (i.e. from 0.12.x). EDIT: Yes, indeed Nodejs 4.x (and LTS) is the fully merged/converged Nodejs/iojs release. (see https://medium.com/node-js-javascript/4-0-is-the-new-1-0-386597a3436d)

And as arunoda says – 0.10.x is not really outdated in the node world. v8-wise it is quite outdated, but aside from that it’s probably still the most supported and most widely used node version out in the wild.
Node 4.x LTS will likely take that spot over the next 6-12 months, if things go smoothly.