Is there any tutorial on how to deploy and integrate Kadira APM with your app?

I was looking for a way to monitor my app performance that runs on aws ec2 instance. I think that kadira APM is a good choice if only I could find a way to deploy it along side my app and integrate it with each other. Any ideas?

I’ve found https://github.com/lmachens/meteor-apm-server to be really quick to get up and running, and there’s no need for a tutorial with it.

1 Like

Thank you asad, I will give it a try.
btw do you use it?

Yes, I’ve been using it for the past 15 days without any hiccups. All the earlier tutorials would end up with kadira stopping to work after a week or so, no data getting collected / showing up anymore. This one just works.

Hi, I’m trying to use the recommended project.

it works perfect on development, but I want to put it in production on an AWS EC2 instance. I use mup but it gives this error when its Verifying Deployment.
Hope you can help.

Thanks

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ 'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Users\\luisi\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'production-logs' ]
2 info using npm@5.6.0
3 info using node@v8.9.3
4 verbose stack Error: Failed to parse json
4 verbose stack Unexpected string in JSON at position 433 while parsing '{
4 verbose stack   "name": "meteor-apm-server",
4 verbose stack   "vers'
4 verbose stack     at parseError (C:\Users\luisi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:436:11)
4 verbose stack     at parseJson (C:\Users\luisi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:104:26)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\luisi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:51:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\luisi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:78:16
4 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:511:3)
5 verbose cwd C:\Users\luisi\WebstormProjects\meteor-apm-server\apm
6 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.16299
7 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\luisi\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "production-logs"
8 verbose node v8.9.3
9 verbose npm  v5.6.0
10 error file C:\Users\luisi\WebstormProjects\meteor-apm-server\apm\package.json
11 error code EJSONPARSE
12 error Failed to parse json
12 error Unexpected string in JSON at position 433 while parsing '{
12 error   "name": "meteor-apm-server",
12 error   "vers'
13 error File: C:\Users\luisi\WebstormProjects\meteor-apm-server\apm\package.json
14 error Failed to parse package.json data.
14 error package.json must be actual JSON, not just JavaScript.
14 error
14 error Tell the package author to fix their package.json file. JSON.parse
15 verbose exit [ 1, true ]