I’m looking to hire another meteor developer to our team at Savioke (Service Robotics). Full description below. Please apply here.
If anyone has any questions before applying I’m happy to answer them here. Please note however that we are looking for a full-time, on-site employee in our San Jose, CA office. So please do not contact me with offers for outsourcing or remote work.
Savioke is looking for a front-end web application developer to create usable, stylish interfaces for our personal service robots.
At Savioke, we are developing autonomous service robots that engage with people in everyday spaces. As a front-end web developer, you will be involved in designing and creating the user interface and shaping the user experience that makes Relay such a delight to those who interact with it. Hotel guests love interacting with Relay; you have the power to make their experience a memorable one. Relay is just one part of a larger robot-as-a-service ecosystem: hotel staff, our remote call centers, and other stakeholders all rely on intuitive interfaces for managing robots on a daily basis. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between robots and humans by creating easy-to-use and elegant user interfaces and tools.
- Develop new robot applications
- Collaborate with the design team to develop high fidelity UI prototypes and conduct user studies
- Iterate with designers and alpha users to turn prototypes into beautiful, usable user interfaces for our robots
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience developing engaging web-based interfaces
- Familiarity with modern best practices in HTML/CSS development
- Experience using node.js and Meteor
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of JS libraries and tools
- Experience working with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap or Semantic-UI
- Experience creating mobile-first, responsive web pages
- Project portfolio demonstrating detailed attention to layout, design, responsiveness, and interactivity
- Good communication skills
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Experience with document-oriented databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with UI sketching tools
- Experience with Angular or React
- Test-driven mindset and experience with GUI testing frameworks
- Active in the open-source community (npm packages, meteor packages, JS libraries)
- A love for robots
Savioke is proud to have a diverse team, and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.