Keytool copy signature to other Mac

I have a new MacBook and I want to sign an Android apk on it. The apk is already available in the Google Play store, so I have to copy the signature from my old MacBook to the new one.

To create the key, I used the following command on the old MacBook

keytool -genkey -alias myApp -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Then, to sign the apk I used
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 release-unsigned.apk myApp

And my app was signed. How can I export the keystore from the old MacBook to the new one. I found a nice manual here http://alvinalexander.com/java/java-using-keytool-export-certificate-keystore but the problem is that I don’t know where on my old MacBook the privateKey.store is located. It must be somewhere, because I can still sign the apk on my old MacBook and upload it to Google Play, but I need to sign it also on the new MacBook. Any ideas?

Usually while generating the key, the is an parameter called -keystore and there you can specify the filename of the keystore. But when I created my private key, I did not specify it, so there must be some default value.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Problem solved

I had just to copy users/myusername/.keystore file to the new MacBook. Haven’t seen this file :slight_smile: