Learn How To Code With Interactive Challenges

https://edabit.com

I just spent the last five months working on a website that teaches coding through user created interactive challenges. Users get experience points and can unlock achievements depending on how many challenges they complete. It’s only got JavaScript right now but the engine I developed supports literally any modern programming language. So I’ll be rolling out all popular languages over the coming months as a community builds up.

Special thanks to those on this forum who took the time to answer my annoying questions. I don’t think I could have done it without this forum.

Proudly made with Meteor and React.

5 Likes

Hey, this seems pretty cool! Quick feedback:

Your implementation of SUI is really nice and overall, I thought the experience was great.

The sells on your site are nice. Like having to create an account to run the code. Just the right amount of annoying, I think. Similarly, the rating after the task in order to proceed to the next one.

In creating my account during the first task, the button remained a spinner and the modal didn’t auto-close, even though I could see in the background that my account had been created (the header changed).

In the post-task, where the user can up/downvote the solutions, I saw that there were multiple solutions that appeared to be the same. Maybe try to limit this list to only unique solutions?

1 Like

Hmmm. I can’t seem to replicate this. What browser / OS are you on? Can you create a dummy account using whatever@edabit.com and see if it still happens? I will search for all @edabit.com accounts and purge them later today.

Thank you for taking the time to play around with the site and offer feedback! It is very much appreciated.

I will give it a go later today.

In the meantime, I’m on Ubuntu 15.04 running Chrome. I’ll post the chrome
version later too.

I was able to repro.

Again, steps were:

1. Navigate to Edabit
  2. Select the first task
  3. Enter code for the first task
  4. Click ‘Check’
  5. Get the login modal
  6. Enter username, email, password, click ‘Create Free Account’

Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

I had this error in the console before trying to create the account:

Then I got the spinner again. You can see in the background that the feedback from running the code is in the bottom left and the header has changed.

Just for reference, after waiting for a bit, I toggled between ‘Sign In’ and ‘Register’, and lost the state of that form:

Side note – I don’t know who this dude is, or why this pic/bio are assigned to my profile:

Totally forgot to follow up on this. All those bugs have been fixed and I updated the landing page to look a bit nicer (just not on mobile yet).

1 Like