Learning Meteor again, currently any resources like discover meteor back in the day

Hi All,

After a few years I am back seriously “toying” with Meteor. The first time round I learned Meteor with the discover meteor book was an amazing resource. I wrote quite a few smaller apps but never really published them.

Now I am back after 3-4 years and I forgot a lot of things about Meteor and its a bit of pain to learn it again, but as I am progressing slowly, it already feels a lot better.

I am thinking of still using Blaze as its so cool (to me) and as I don’t want to learn React. I am not a developer and need a prototype built to attract interest as easy as possible

My question is wether there are any other resources people recommend.

• docs.meteor.com and the todo’s app is great and I am using those a lot.
  • is discover meteor (the book) still kind of ok to use actually?
  • are there any other newer books or resources on Meteor people recommend. Can be a paying online course too.

Thanks!
T

There is also the companion to the docs, the guide. Other than that I know only of The Meteor Chef. Currently, things are a bit in a flux.

1 Like

Check LevelUpTuts on Youtube he has up-to-date Meteor videos.

2 Likes

LevelUpTuts videos are awesome. Check also his videos about Vue.js if you like Blaze, and there is already an integration for Meteor.
If you prefer reading text, check meteor-tuts, complete and pretty up-to-date.

3 Likes

If you hate React (like me) but still want to keep up with Vdom family, then you can try MithrilJS instead. Here, I made one simple crud generator in less than a hundred lines

Just clone, and meteor run

1 Like

thanks everyone! really helps.

T

You can check this boilerplate with react and react router PUP

1 Like