Let's build a chat from scratch with Meteor.js 3?

Today at 1pm (GMT-3), join me and @leonardoventurini for a live coding session where we’ll build a real-time chat app from scratch using Meteor.js 3.

Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DyMI8p4XY

7 Likes

A video like this coming from the core team is really exciting. In the future would you consider a live code along (more of a codebase deep dive than writing new code) of meteor itself? Perhaps show the internals of Blaze, show how the db tailing works, etc. I would like to contribute to the development efforts in my free time but don’t know where to start

9 Likes

I think that is a great idea! Maybe @leonardoventurini is interested in this kind of live coding, too.

Let’s see what he says :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think one of the greatest benefits for anyone, wanting to contribute to the core, would be an overview of the overall architecture.

6 Likes

This.

I am an experienced JS dev who would love to contribute to core (also have been using Meteor for 10 years) - however the learning curve for the architecture makes truly understanding the ecosystem difficult.

3 Likes

I love the idea, we could start with that next Monday, how to run from checkout, testing, and a basic architectural overview @gabsferreira

2 Likes

An update: we decided to do a second part building the chat app next Monday and start this series diving into Meteor internals on the other week, August 19th :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is the live coding session link.
Yes, the second part will be this Monday! Stay tuned!

1 Like