Mercadera - Open source Meteor app built with MongoDB, React, Astronomy

Mercadera

Mercadera is the easiest way to sell your things online. 1-click sign in, take a
pic and sell - all completely free.

My brother and I started work on a brand new Meteor app that allows users to sell their things online with ultimate ease.

It’s all 100% open source, check our repo: GitHub - danieltapia/mercadera: Mercadera - buy and sell your stuff without the hassle. Built using Meteor and React.

I hope this helps people starting out, and shows a great way to build Meteor apps today. It’s a work in progress, first commit being 20 hours ago, but we fully intend to finish this and deploy using Galaxy. :slight_smile:

I’ll update this thread as major features are added, hopefully we can iterate and refactor with feedback from the community. We want this project to be a good option for people looking for example applications of Meteor using React.

Check our repo for the goodies. Thanks!

6 Likes

Users can now sign up to the website using either Twitter and Facebook. We tried to integrate Google but I don’t want the hell those guys are doing with their UI it’s entirely new and confusing for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Next up, setting up server side scaffolding so the site owner can just execute a script and prefill the cities and categories collection. In Rails, there’s seeds.rb - let’s see what we can do similar in Meteor that’s easy to use.

I added the first input component of many, the <TextInput /> component. It’s stateless, and just presents UI and any errors.

<TextInput name={"name"} label={"Nombre:"} placeholder={"Escribe un nombre para tu anuncio. Corto y sencillo!"} errors={[]} onChange={this.handleChange} />

<TextInput name={"name"} label={"Nombre:"} placeholder={"Escribe un nombre para tu anuncio. Corto y sencillo!"} errors={["can't be empty.", "too long"]} onChange={this.handleChange} />

The wrapping form component is going to be in charge of validating values, and setting errors. On to the next inputs!