Merge a themeforest frontend with it's own node_modules folder

I purchased a bootstrap front end called Chatvia (from themeforest). Here are the instructions to get it going:

yarn install This will install all the required dependencies in the node_modules folder.

gulp Runs the project locally, starts the development server and watches for any changes in your code, including your HTML, javascript, sass, etc. The development server is accessible at http://localhost:3000.

gulp build Generates a /dist directory with all the production files.

Is there a way I can have it install the node_modules stuff without ruining my Meteor app?

UPDATE:

I added the needed dependencies to the package.json. Now I’m getting these errors…

Errors prevented startup:

While processing files with fourseven:scss (for target web.browser):
/client/stylesheets/scss/app.scss: Scss compiler error: Error: File to import: ./node_modules/bootstrap/scss/functions not found in file: undefined
        on line 14 of {}/client/stylesheets/scss/app.scss
>> @import "./node_modules/bootstrap/scss/functions";
   --------^

error: Scss compiler error: Error: File to import: ./node_modules/bootstrap/scss/functions not found in file: undefined
   --------^

While processing files with fourseven:scss (for target web.cordova):
/client/stylesheets/scss/app.scss: Scss compiler error: Error: File to import: ./node_modules/bootstrap/scss/functions not found in file: undefined
   --------^

error: Scss compiler error: Error: File to import: ./node_modules/bootstrap/scss/functions not found in file: undefined
   --------^

There is no functions folder in the scss folder.

You are supposed to have these functions.
Your app.scss is the theme specific top SCSS file as designed by the author. You can practically import bootstrap from anywhere. I have all the bootstrap SCSS together with the rest of the SCSS in a styles folder. Ok, for some reasons you either don’t have that in node_modules or you don’t see it.

o