Meteor 1.10 released!

Finally it is here! Meteor 1.10 has been released, though due to a SQLite bug, you will update to Meteor 1.10.1!

See all what is new in the Changelog!

In short this is release is about Cordova and MongoDB update (which got backported to Meteor 1.9.3).

Update to it by running the following:

meteor update --release 1.10.1

Also if you want to receive newsletters (when new releases are made) from the Meteor Community feel free to subscribe.

39 Likes

What an amazing speed, not long ago we were at 1.8.1 :tada:

7 Likes

Fantastic!

That bug preventing version 1.10 is hilarious, too.

2 Likes

I agree, the renewed enthusiasm for this project is awesome to see

6 Likes

What node version should we start using?

Looks like 12.16.1.

12 character limit

Two new very useful meteor commands

2 Likes

Hi, I am trying to create an app with the latest version (1.10.1) but it always install the 1.9.3 version.

I want to use the command: meteor create myapp (without the --release argument)

Notes:
I am using:

• node 12.8.0
  • Windows 10

Does anyone know how to update to the latest version the default apps creation command?

Greetings.

Hi @diavrank95,

Version 1.10.1 is not yet recommended so you will need to update after creating it like this

meteor update --release 1.10.1

You could try also meteor create miaw --release 1.10.1 Not sure if it works.

Hope this helps.

Thank you @pmogollon, yes , it also works meteor create myapp --release 1.10.1 but I guess then I have to wait for them to update the repository to the latest version, to use the basic command.

Yes, usually the releases are not recommended until a couple of days pass and is manually upgraded to recommended to catch anu bug that passed the testing.

You can still use it like that, we have been using 1.10 betas for for a long time already in production.

2 Likes

Using meteor update --release 1.10.1 results in Meteor 1.10.1: unknown release

How can I fix this?

i dont know how the numbering system works but was expecting version 2.0

keep up with the great work.
(i have remind myself not to upgrade in the middle of project, had trouble in the past)

1 Like
Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:

MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards compatible manner, and
PATCH version when you make backwards compatible bug fixes.
Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.
2 Likes

I used that command on Windows 10 and it works, (I use node 12.8.0):

Note: Also I proved it on Ubuntu 16.04 (from Linux subsystem on Windows 10) and it works too.

I wish Meteor was strictly semver, but it really isn’t, It’s more like 1.MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.

Under true semver, you would have to increment major versions for each major NodeJS update, each MongoDB update, and anytime other ecosystem incompatibilities are introduced

1 Like

I solved my issue. First you need to execute the command globally and then on your project.

1 Like

1.10.1 is the recommended version now! Blog post coming soon :slight_smile:

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/meteorjs/status/1240438946871590912

3 Likes

The bug is funny :laughing: ! Congrats for the release of 1.10! I have been waiting for --exclude-archs for long time!

3 Likes