Meteor 1.2 Android - Android target: Android SDK not found

Hi there - I’ve seen this posted before but have yet to get it to work. Having updated meteor 1.2, and following the included link to the letter (including downloading android-22 and the final step exporting ANDROID_HOME etc.)I get the below error whenever I try to run it on my android phones. Additional steps I have run that I’ve read from other threads is to run “rm -rf ~/.meteor/android_bundle” to remove the meteor included SDK, and removed android-23 with Android Studio. Neither have helped the situation.

➜ app git:(master) ✗ meteor run android-device --verbose
Getting installed version for platform android in Cordova project
Checking Cordova requirements for platform Android

Your system does not yet seem to fulfill all requirements to build apps for Android.

Please follow the installation instructions here:
https://github.com/meteor/meteor/wiki/Mobile-Development-Install:-Android-on-Mac

Status of the requirements:
✓ Java JDK
✓ Android SDK
✗ Android target: Android SDK not found. Make sure that it is installed. If it is not at the default location, set the ANDROID_HOME environment variable.
✓ Gradle

Any ideas?

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this, I finally got it working by installing the standalone SDK, installing the tools from the manager bundled with it and pointing ANDROID_HOME. No idea why the Android Studio didn’t work…

noob question… how did you point the android_home?

Install an old Android Studio as the last one has problems with SDK install or copy the sdk directory from another valid installation into the new one to replace it.
We had the same problems and it is related to AndroidStudio.

And it’s not a noob question as someone said, it’s a bug !

1 Like