Meteor 1.2 - main.html not working

I usually put viewport stuff and fonts into main.html:

<head>
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">
</head>

I noticed since updating a project to Meteor 1.2, this is no longer being loaded. So I added the static-html package, and now it works. But another project of mine which is also 1.2 does not have the static-html package, and main.html is being included just fine.

Can anyone provide any insight into what might be going on?

1 Like

Firstly, thanks for the hint with the static-html package, that solved my problem.

I found your post cause of a similar problem, 2 projects, one worked, the other not. In my case the working one had a dependency which required the static-html package already. Maybe its the same on your side? Figured that out via searching for static-html in .meteor/versions…

I’ll check for that next chance I get. I’m still not entirely clear on what the static-html package does…

static-html
Essentially, an alternative to the templating package that doesn’t compile Blaze templates. Mostly useful if you want to use Angular or React as your view layer and just want to get some static HTML content on your page as a render target for your view framework.

This build plugin parses all of the .html files in your app and looks for top-level tags:

<head> - appended to the head section of your HTML
<body> - appended to the body section of your HTML
Attributes are supported on the <body> tag, but not on <head>.