Meteor 1.3 verify email

Hi people, could someone please help me guiding me how to verify the email entered when a user is being created in meteor 1.3?

I am using this two packages: ian:accounts-ui-bootstrap-3, accounts-password and the template provided by the first one {{> loginButtons}}.

My user is being created normally but I need to implement email verification. However, I am not sure how to proceed. What I have read here it is not clear for me. I do not know when and how to call that method. If have an example, much better.

Thank you for your help guys.

If you’re looking for code examples, GitHub search is your friend. To get Meteor 1.3+ based examples, try something like this.

Last week this was working for me…

/server/mail.js

Meteor.startup(function () {
  Accounts.config({
    sendVerificationEmail: true
  })
  process.env.MAIL_URL = 'smtp://' + encodeURIComponent(Meteor.settings.smtp.username) + ':' + encodeURIComponent(Meteor.settings.smtp.password) + '@' + encodeURIComponent(Meteor.settings.smtp.server) + ':' + Meteor.settings.smtp.port
});

/development.json

{
  "smtp": {
    "username": "user@smtp.some.com",
    "password": "secret",
    "server":   "smtp.some.com",
    "port": "465"
  }
}

meteor would be started with something like…

meteor --settings development.json

This works with gmail SMTP in my tests locally. I haven’t yet heard from colleague who’s in charge of deploying to production. I’m hoping for the best…

HTH :smile:

Great. I’ll try it and let you know how it went…