Meteor 1.4.2.1 and node 4.4.7

After installing 1.4.2.1 I check my nodejs version and is 4.2.6. Do I need to install nodejs 4.4.7 manually? How do I do it?

In development, Meteor comes bundled with its own version of Node (and NPM) and you do not need to worry about the system version of Node that you have installed.

However, to use these built-in versions, you will need to make sure that you are using meteor npm <command as usual> (and unlikely, but possibly meteor node <command as usual>) in place of the usual commands you might use.

Also, Meteor 1.4.2.1 comes bundled with Node 4.4.7, and I think there’s probably a place in the docs where that needs to be updated. Do you mind pointing out where you found the 4.4.7 reference? (Or even better, submit a pull-request for it!)

Here https://guide.meteor.com/1.4-migration.html states that meteor 1.4 comes with 4.4.7 that’s why I supposed the system version should be that one. So in my understanding even if my system version is 4.2.6 I don’t need to worry about it. When I run the meteor command, 4.4.7 is executed. Is that correct?

I don’t understand what you mean by this:

However, to use these built-in versions, you will need to make sure that you are using meteor npm (and unlikely, but possibly meteor node ) in place of the usual commands you might use.

Correct. Will get that updated, thank you.

Any time you need to use NPM functionality, normally provided by the npm command, you will need to use meteor npm instead, otherwise when you run npm you will be using your system npm (and its associated node version) instead of the Node and NPM which are bundled with Meteor.

2 Likes