Just updated to 1.5. Got the following issue immediately:
=> Started proxy.
TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined
at assertPath (path.js:8:11)
at Object.posix.relative (path.js:496:3)
Also here is package list:
firstname.lastname@example.org # Packages every Meteor app needs to have
email@example.com # Packages for a great mobile UX
firstname.lastname@example.org # The database Meteor supports right now
email@example.com # Compile .html files into Meteor Blaze views
firstname.lastname@example.org # Reactive variable for tracker
email@example.com # Meteor's client-side reactive programming library
firstname.lastname@example.org # CSS minifier run for production mode
email@example.com # JS minifier run for production mode
firstname.lastname@example.org # ECMAScript 5 compatibility for older browsers.
email@example.com # Enable ECMAScript2015+ syntax in app code
firstname.lastname@example.org # Server-side component of the `meteor shell` command
I have fixed the symptom on my end.
In my case the problem was connected to okgrow:analytics package.
Removing it fixed the problem, but I guess it’s a more involved issue with the recent changes to how imports/babel works.
Here is an issue I have raised with the okgrow team.
YMMV - try the method I have used in the link above to track down the package that your build is failing at…
PS. Still the title - it doesn’t have anything to do with promises… The promise mentions you see in the stack trace is just a product of how the importing is implemented in meteor.
The thing that fixed this for me was doing a hard delete on my ~/.meteor folder and reinstalling meteor from the website. From there I re-upgraded my project (after doing a git reset on my repo) by specifying meteor update --release 1.5. I have not tried for 1.5.1.