Meteor 1.6 not running on Windows 10

I’ve created a new app (meteor create newapp) and everything looks fine, but when I run meteor I get the following error:

Error: Cannot find module 'fibers'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:513:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:463:25)
at Module.require (module.js:556:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (E:\Users\New User\meteor\3.7.4c\.meteor\local\build\programs\server\boot.js:1:75)
at Module._compile (module.js:612:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:623:10)
at Module.load (module.js:531:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:494:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:486:3)

Node.js has been upgraded to version 8.8.1

So it creates the app with Meteor 1.6, but won’t run the app.
Any suggestions?

Reinstall NodeJS maybe

Thanks - I tried that, and somewhere on the forums, I read that I need to be running the same version as Meteor which is 8.8.1 (I believe) which is shown in the error message.

Wasn’t there an issue with long path names / spaces in path names?

I think that had more to do with installing Meteor - I can install it, it just won’t run. I’m having no problem with 1.5.4 - I just want to update to 1.6

The space character in the path (\New User\) looks worrisome to me. Maybe rename that user to NewUser and see if it helps.

Guys, it’s not a space in the Windows $PATH problem lol, this isn’t Node 0.x.

Your best bet is doing a fresh install of your NPM packages, or reinstalling Meteor and/or Node, worst case.

I have been trying for weeks to get meteor to work natively on Windows (was on WSL but there’s problems with that w/ new mongo version). I get “Cannot find module ‘fibers’” no matter what I do. I have removed meteor and node and re-installed with choco. Any suggestions?