Meteor 1.8.2 releases

Meteor 1.8.2 is automatically recommended now.

=> Meteor 1.8.2 is available. Update this project with 'meteor update'.

7 Likes

When making changes to front end doesn’t restart the whole server!!! Yey!!!
I feel sorry for lost time :crazy_face:

Hi,
since meteor 1.8.2, i found that the import behavior has changed.
For instance

import * as Sortable from "sortablejs";

does not work anymore and need to be replaced by

import Sortable from "sortablejs";

Does anybody know why this behavior has changed between 1.8.1 & 1.8.2 ? i can’t find anything in changelog about this behavior.
Note : https://github.com/meteor-vue/vue-meteor/issues/364 is probably related

@deank Have you found an improvement in build time?
I’ve benchmarked a boilerplate project on 1.8.1 vs 1.8.2. Changing a single line of client code, it takes about 0.5seconds longer to see the change in my browser in 1.8.2 compared to 1.8.1

I am in the process of evaluating v1.8.2 for JustDo.com (upgrading from v1.8.1).

Development app start time takes 150% longer - from 20 seconds, it now increased to 50 seconds (2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, MBP 2018).

Please advice how can we help mdg team to improve that situation.

Might be relevant? https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/10786 @benlavalley thanks for referring.

1 Like

Hi, did you try to run with METEOR_DISABLE_OPTIMISTIC_CACHING=1 to see if it gets better?

In any case, please run your app with METEOR_PROFILE=1 using 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 then we can compare and see exactly what are the longer steps and then keep analyzing from there.

Hi,

METEOR_DISABLE_OPTIMISTIC_CACHING=1 didn’t help.

JustDo is comprised of 2 apps, on for the landing app and one for the web app itself.

The output is the output from the script that runs the two apps called with the env var METEOR_PROFILE=1.

The output isn’t for the first run, but for the second run of the apps in both cases (to avoid special inits when changing meteor versions).

JustDo v1.8.1 profile
JustDo v1.8.2 profile

Thanks

i was in hope 1.8.2 will add compatibility for the DDP changes (transition to Map/Set) that occur from Meteor 1.8.1

idk which of the package i’m using have this issue

( i need a fix like that one Update to account for DDP changes (transition to Map/Set) in Meteor 1.8.1. by brianlukoff · Pull Request #9 · peerlibrary/meteor-related · GitHub )

because now subscriptions, which are still working good when remove or insert, are no more reactive in case of update

any clue about how to fix this myself ?

i’ve also tried
meteor add peerlibrary:reactive-publish
but that lead to server side error
ReactiveVar is not defined at _fn (packages/peerlibrary_reactive-publish.js:421:5)
even so… reactive-var is present :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

I’m working on big web app with ~ 100 react components, it takes around ~ 1.5 to 2 seconds to refresh my browser.

Will the ChangeLog be updated?
https://docs.meteor.com/changelog.html

1 Like

You can refer to History.md until it’s updated in the docs.