Meteor 1.8.2 releases

1.8.2-rc.0 is hot off the release press this morning… @benjamn is looking for contributions for updating @types/meteor if anyone has vast TypeScript knowledge and some spare time.

20 Likes

rc.1 is now out. Also Typescript skeleton is available as well.

In other news the 1.9 branch with Node 12 has entered beta stages.

9 Likes

Congratulation!, Please share any documents how to use Meteor + Typescript?
And I would like to try Meteor, Typescript + Vue!

2 Likes

Great news, congratulation, can’t wait for trying Meteor, Typescript and React

3 Likes

@benjamn Just released rc.10 and it looks like it will be the last rc candidate:

10 Likes

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

And now 1.8.2 is released! MCP newsletter coming out any moment!

11 Likes

Have any example Meteor + Typescript + Vue?

2 Likes

Just an observation, didn’t know where to add this since it is not really an issue. The zipped bundle of my code in 1.8.2 is 10MB larger than 1.8.1.

2 Likes

I hope this is the server bundle you are talking about :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s the one :))))

1 Like

That is 10x my client bundle that we are working so hard to keep small than 1mb :sweat_smile:

My client bundle is so small that browsers don’t even pick on it. I see a blank page :rofl::joy: It looks like we did a great job there…

(picking up from some facepalming after I had forgotten to actually execute metor update --release 1.8.2)

I tried the new Typescript support, but it doesn’t feel quite ready. I got a module loading error for the “mem” package (no idea on how to resolve) but the killer for me is that even when I introduce type errors in the code, the command line compiler (meteor run) doesn’t show these. Maybe I forgot to pass a flag or something.

Hi guys, please try 1.8.2 out and provide feedbacks in the PR then we can recommend it to everybody early next week.

3 Likes

I can’t update meteor update on global in my PC.
It still show The latest version of Meteor, 1.8.1, is already installed on this computer

Had the same issue as @theara, but I was able to update by specifying meteor update --release 1.8.2

2 Likes

But could update on meteor project.

Have any guide to use such as:

import { Mongo } from 'meteor/mongo';

export interface Link {
  _id?: string;
  title: string;
  url: string;
  createdAt: Date;
}

export const Links = new Mongo.Collection<Link>('links');

Hello, this is not an issue, Meteor has a system to recommend automatically or not a release, 1.8.2 is already published but not recommended automatically yet, we are probably changed to recommended in the next days.

1 Like