Meteor 1.9 is out

Great news to start the year: Release release/METEOR@1.9 · meteor/meteor · GitHub

This comes with Node 12 as the core feature

Cordova 9 is also coming to Meteor (and a lot of package updates):

A good start for year 2020 for Meteor. Thanks to everyone involved with these new versions :partying_face:

56 Likes

History.md

5 Likes

I like the speed with which the new meteor flies!

8 Likes

Nice, I hope the fibers garbage collection makes a difference. Looking forward to trying it out.

4 Likes

Wohooo :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is great news! Time to try this baby.

1 Like

The feature that restarts the application up to two times if it crashes on startup has been removed.

I’m gonna get drunk.

8 Likes

Yay! Congrats. Love all the news and updates coming down the pipeline.

10 Likes

This is great! :grinning: :tada:

3 Likes

So when will it be out ?
my meteor update still tells me This project is already at Meteor 1.8.3, the latest release.
Also this page still mention the 1.8.2 version as current :slight_smile:

That is because it does not have yet the “recommended” status. Run meteor update --release 1.9 and it should work just fine.

6 Likes

Great work - many thanks to all contributors!
It seemed to work with hiccups for me so I put it out on production yesterday.

2 Likes

Meteor 1.9 is now recommended :tada: :tada: :tada:

31 Likes

If I update to 1.9 but I am running node 8 on my EC2 server do I need to update my node on my EC2 to 12 first??

1 Like

Yes. The bundle won’t run properly if the the Node version doesn’t mach.

1 Like

Now i’m on 1.8.1, do you know if update to 1.9 we have to follow all “Migration Steps” ? (to 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 ? 1.9 have nothing to do)

You don’t need to upgrade incrementally, however, make sure you read about major changes / breaking changes between versions.

1 Like

IIRC node 12 is 64-bit only so 64-bit hardware is now required. Otherwise, because of Meteor’s emphasis on backward compatibility, there are usually no breaking changes.

Bcrypt doesn’t build with 1.9 :frowning: I had to revert back to 1.8.x until I can find a solution.

2 Likes

What is the process that a version goes through to become recommended ?