Meteor 2.14 Android Build Crashes on Load

Meteor runs locally without errors and builds, but when I upload to test it on the Play Console, it immediately crashes. Any ideas what might be causing it. Below is some of what is it saying in the build.

WARNING: Attempting to install plugin cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@0.5.4, but it should have a minimum version of 3.2.0 to ensure
         compatibility with the current platform versions. Installing the minimum version for convenience, but you should adjust your
         dependencies.
Checking Java JDK and Android SDK versions   |
ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\Dusty\AppData\Local\Android\sdk (recommended setting)

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 9.0.
   Building Cordova app for Android          -
You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

For more on this, please refer to https://docs.gradle.org/8.5/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings in the Gradle documentation.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 12s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

> Task :CordovaLib:compileReleaseRenderscript
The RenderScript APIs are deprecated. They will be removed in Android Gradle plugin 9.0. See the following link for a guide to migrate from RenderScript: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/renderscript/migrate

> Task :CordovaLib:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

See https://docs.gradle.org/7.6/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 33s
57 actionable tasks: 57 executed
/c/Users/Dusty/Downloads/TryForSpecs/app/.meteor/local/cordova-build/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app-release.aab

@trustydusty82 What do you mean by crash? You get a white screen (WSOD)? Or the app actually crashes and the android system tries to report it?

If it runs locally, I think you are getting the WSOD. A path to debug this is to generate the APK with the --debug flag. So you would run something like meteor build . --platforms=android --packageType=apk --debug --mobile-server=... (not 100% sure the command would be this, but it’s something along these lines).

After you generate the APK you can install it on your emulator and open chrome dev tools to debug it.

But if you are getting an actual crash on the app, it might be related to the inappbrowser version you are using (according to the logs you posted) - you could try updating it to see if it helps.

Here’s what I’m receiving for the app crashing:

Exception java.lang.RuntimeException:
at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication (LoadedApk.java:1377)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication (ActivityThread.java:7063)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600 (ActivityThread.java:271)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:2134)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce (Looper.java:210)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:299)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:8319)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:556)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1038)
Caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass (BaseDexClassLoader.java:259)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:312)
at android.app.AppComponentFactory.instantiateApplication (AppComponentFactory.java:76)
at androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory.instantiateApplication (CoreComponentFactory.java:52)
at android.app.Instrumentation.newApplication (Instrumentation.java:1178)
at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication (LoadedApk.java:1369)

I figured this out. It was crashing because of settings for Admob in my config file. I removed them, and it stopped crashing.